When it comes to picking the right stain for your deck, understanding opacity is very important, according to the experts at Benjamin Moore. Opacity is the degree to which you can see the natural grain of wood:
- Clear stain has no color added and shows the natural beauty of the wood.
- Translucent stain doesn’t obscure grain and texture of wood and includes just the slightest tone.
- Semi Transparent stain allows most of the grain and texture to show through, with slightly more prominent color.
- Semi Solid stain, with its deeper shades, covers most imperfections while allowing some of the grain and texture of the wood to show through.
- Solid stain offers the greatest color depth of all, covering the majority of imperfections while allowing the texture of the wood to peek through lightly.
The color of your deck can really help tying it in with the design of your home. Consider making your deck the same color as your home’s trim. For a more monochromatic look, use a similar shade as your house’s primary color. Benjamin Moore offers a huge spectrum of color to explore, from driftwood grays to warm russets to woodland greens.
For more information visit: https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/project-ideas-inspiration/exteriors/decks-ideas-and-inspiration